Call for Papers
The Call for Papers is now closed. Thanks to all the authors who submitted to our event!
Elbsides is a venue for security professionals, software engineers, students, researchers and visionaries. We’re targeting the North German security communities, but everyone from all corners of the world is welcome. The conference gathers the security community in an event to share and discuss novel ideas, initiatives and advancements. Even though the conference is in Germany, the conference language is English and all presentations and slides are expected to be in English.
We are soliciting talks on computer security topics, but are not limited to the following:
- Network & Security Communications
- Maritime and Logistics Computer Security
- Access & Identity Management
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security
- Security Engineering
- Risk, Compliance & Security Management
- Asset Security
- Culture, Career, Networking, or Future in the Security Industry
Once it opens, submission will need to include an abstract long enough for the programme committee to understand what your talk is about and convince us that it will be an interesting talk. Since we will be reviewing papers without knowing your name, gender or affiliation, you can’t rely on your reputation to get in. Please refrain from mentioning any of these details in the abstract.
We will be actively soliciting presentations, but these will still go through the same review process and get selected accordingly.
- You will need an account with Easychair. Either create one or use an existing account if you have used EasyChair before
go to the Easychair BSidesMEsh21 page
- Add yourself and any additional authors
- Add a title and the abstract in English. Please make the abstract convincing!
- Add at least 3 keywords that classify your submission
- If you already have a completed presentation or paper, you may add it as well. This is neither mandatory nor a replacement for a good abstract. It doesn’t have to be the final presentation or paper.
- We will give you the opportunity to publish your final presentation or paper after the conference.
1 March 2021: Call for Presentations opens 31 March 2021/7 April 2021: Call for Presentations closes
- 19 April 2021: Inform of Acceptance/Rejection
- 19 May 2021: Recorded presentations due
- 20-22 June 2021: Elbsides 2021
Elbsides Programme Committee
- Ingo Bente
- David Hamann
- Fabian Huber
- Florian Junge
- Stefan Kelm, DFN-CERT Services GmbH
- Jonas Köritz
- Hendrik Spiegel
- Dr. Morton Swimmer, Trend Micro, Inc. (chair)
All presentation slides will be published on the conference website after the conference. Please make sure that any pictures and other materials in your slides don’t violate any copyrights. You are solely liable for copyright violations.